St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999, Tri Delta established a national partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
In July 2014, Tri Delta announced a 10-year, $60 million fundraising commitment in support of its national philanthropic partner, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.® In honor of this commitment - the largest single pledge in St Jude's history - the Fraternity will receive prominent recognition on the hospital's campus. Beginning July 7, the short-term housing facility adjacent to the hospital will be named Tri Delta Place!
When families arrive at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for treatment, they don't have to worry about finding a place to stay. St. Jude provides free housing in three locations, and Tri Delta Place will be home to patients and families who are visiting the hospital for eight days or less. The five-story building can house 100 families and has 64 hotel-style rooms and 36 suites.
"Tri Delta becomes a home away from home for its members during their collegiate years, so it's fitting that we're being recognized in this way. Tri Delta Place provides a home for the families and kids of St. Jude at an incredibly challenging time," said Fraternity President Phyllis Durbin Grissom, Southern Methodist. "We are honored to be able to support St Jude's mission in such a meaningful way and humbled by this level of recognition."
The partnership between Tri Delta and St. Jude has seen extreme growth since the Fraternity officially named St. Jude its philanthropic partner in 1999. To date, Tri Delta has raised more than $30 million for the hospital. Tri Delta's $1 million endowment in 2002 provided a teen room for patients ages 13 to 19. Then, in 2006, Tri Delta committed to raising $10 million in 10 years to name to the Tri Delta Patient Care Floor in the Chili's Care Center, a goal met in just four years. The Fraternity dedicated the most recent $15 million campaign to naming the specialty clinic at the hospital in 3.5 years.